About New York Cares
Founded in 1987, New York Cares enables 33,000 New Yorkers each year to serve on hands-on volunteer projects benefiting schools, social service agencies, homeless shelters, and other deserving organizations. For more information about New York Cares, visit www.nycares.org. New York Cares has been designated by The Princeton Review, for the second year in a row, as offering top job opportunities to recent college graduates.
New York Cares’ Corporate Relations Department manages all aspects of corporate partner relationships including the planning of customized volunteer service projects, and is also responsible for raising nearly half of the organization’s total budget through corporate donations.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Corporate Service Manager is responsible for planning customized volunteer service projects for New York Cares’ corporate partners, and for engaging employees of New York City corporations in New York Cares’ Annual Events. Responsibilities include: working with corporations to determine their needs and interests; identifying New York Cares Programs and Events that meet those needs and interests; working with New York Cares’ Program Departments, and, at times, other New York City non-profit organizations, to plan and execute corporate projects; leading Corporate Relations Department activities for two Annual Events; planning and executing Team Leader trainings for corporate projects and Annual Events; writing Event-related newsletters and mailings; working with Finance Officer to ensure proper reconciliation of project expense accounts; and, anticipating and responding to, as appropriate, corporate and societal trends.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Business experience, including an understanding of corporate hierarchy, timetables and expectations
• Experience in non-profit organizations, event planning, or business development
• Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
• Effective presentation skills
• Ability to juggle concurrent multiple assignments and prioritize accordingly
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to conscientiously maintain own timelines and meet own deadlines
• Ability to establish, maintain and cultivate strong working relationships
• Professional demeanor, both in person and on the telephone
• Broad-based computer skills
• Ability to work with numbers and to think analytically about budgets
• A flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings, early mornings and occasional weekends as needed
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to New York Cares, attn: HR/CSM.
By mail: 214 W. 29th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10001. By fax: 212-228-6414. EOE .No calls, please.