Strategic Services Analyst
Location New York, NY
HR Contact StrategicServicesAnalyst@ithaka.org
Ithaka promotes innovation in higher education by helping pioneering
initiatives thrive. We provide mission-oriented entrepreneurs with a
range of services:
(1) Strategic consulting to help clients address critical business questions
(2) Research on trends and lessons learned
(3) Administrative support to enable new ventures to focus on their mission
The Strategic Services team helps clients develop business plans,
conduct market research, refine service and product offerings, and
formulate governance models. We also help foundations assess new
concepts, evaluate existing projects, and aid grantees in developing
sustainable business plans. We seek a talented, entrepreneurial
Analystto play an active role in the Strategic Services team.
· Work with project managers to develop proposals for potential
clients and detailed plans for project work.
· Utilize secondary research sources such as online searches and
market research data to inform our understanding of the markets
addressed by our clients.
· Develop research tools such as interview guides and survey questionnaires.
· Provide logistical support for primary research efforts, such as
establishing contact with desired interviewees, developing interview
schedules, and following up as needed.
· Participate in conducting and documenting in-depth
interviews(typically with constituents served by our clients, such as
academic presidents, provosts, CIOs, librarians, publishers, faculty,
· Organize and participate in brainstorming sessions to generate
ideas and frameworks.
· Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as gathering
and interpreting market data using Excel or other applications.
· Assist in drafting reports, and communicating findings and
recommendations via written and oral presentations to staff and
· Gather information for marketing and fund-raising activities and
represent Ithaka at conferences and networking events.
· Some travel will be required.
· Bachelor’s degree and excellent academic record.
· One-two years’ related work experience is desirable; recent
graduates will also be considered.
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and acute
attention to detail and accuracy.
· Superior interpersonal skills, including excellent telephone
andconversation manner, e-mail, creative writing, and
· Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, perform well under
pressure and meet deadlines.
· Collaborative, team orientation.
· Demonstrated interest in higher education, technology, scholarly
publishing, and related fields.
If you are bright, energetic and resourceful, and you have a passion
for higher education, please send a resume with a letter of interest
Recruiter – SSA
Human Resources Department
151 East 61st Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 100021
Ithaka is an equal opportunity employer and offers extensive prospects
for professional growth along with a competitive salary and an
excellent benefits package.